Thursday 26 June 2008

What is it about...

What is it about man-god Pitt? Is it his lips? Those eyes? His personality, which strikes me as a cross between a hyper puppy and a goof-ball man-teen? He's perfected that come-hither look with a dab o' naughtiness behind the sparkle. He's certainly not the best actor in the world - I think he's better when he sticks to crazy types like Tyler Durden in Fight Club or the wack-job in 12 Monkeys. Troy? Not so much, although my perception of Pitt in period flicks may change when his Jesse James movie comes out, but then again I hear he's playing the rambunctious cad and not attempting the lofty lingo of a Trojan warrior or an Irish accent (oy!).

I have to admit a certain bias: A couple of years back I was walking across the Fox lot and happened to stumble through the locked-down exterior set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. No one else was around except me and Anjelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who was riding low on a scooter around in circles, chasing little Maddox who was in one of those cool battery-powered kids car things. He was hot, she was even hotter, and I said something like "hey now THAT looks like FUN!" to little Maddox, who grinned the biggest smile at me. Brad smiled too, and Anjelina, who was perched on the stairs watching with approval, gazed at me for 2 seconds with the most beautiful eyes I think I've ever seen on a human being. It was a magical moment that lasted all of 15 seconds, but one I'll remember forever, not only for coming withing kissing distance of two of the hottest actors in Hollywood EVER but also for the sense that I was a welcome visitor into what even then felt like an intimate family moment (this was months before he announced his split with Jen).

No comments: